6U - Division:
OFFICIAL GAME PLAY
1 hour and 15 minutes, drop dead.
• Home team occupies 3rd base dugout.
• Visitor team occupies 1st base dugout.
• Each game will be monitored and officiated by a designated board member or umpire.
• All rules will be enforced by the designated board member or umpire.
• All rules will be honored and adhered to by both teams. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Designated board members have the authority to excuse any manager, coach, team mom and/or parent from a game in which either is interrupting or impeding the progress of the game.
-Both team managers and/or coaches shall share the responsibility of field set-up, to include chalk lines, on-deck circle, pitcher’s circle, batter’s box and arc.
-When Inter-league games occur at JGS home fields, JGS Managers and Coaches are responsible for ALL Field Set-Up.
• All bases shall be secured at a distance of 60ft, one from another.
• Pitcher’s mound shall be secured at a distance of 30ft, from the back of the plate to the front of the mound.
Batting line-ups shall be provided by both teams.
• Batting order shall be maintained at all times.
• COACH MUST PITCH WITH ONE FOOT ON PITCHER’S MOUND AT ALL TIMES.
• No walks.
• No infield fly rule.
• No base stealing.
Runners cannot leave the base until the batter has swung.
• Batter is awarded one base on an overthrow to first base.
• Ball is in play when hit off the coach or tee and travels past the designated arc in front of the batter’s box.
• A hit ball that does NOT pass the designated 10-foot arc is ruled a foul ball. Batter continues at-bat.
• A batter continues her at-bat if she repeatedly hits the ball foul. However, batter is out after 3 strikes or after 3 completed tee attempts without contact.
• Play is dead once the ball crosses any part of the pitcher’s circle.
• Games played on February 24 thru March 16, 2019 shall adhere to the following rules:
During the first inning of play, ALL PLAYERS WILL BAT in batting line-up order, round robin style, regardless of outs. Only 4 runs will be counted, regardless of how many runs actually cross.
• Every inning after the first, players will bat in batting line-up order, 3 outs or 4 runs, whichever comes first.
• Each batter will be given 3 coach pitches. If the batter does not hit a coach pitch she will be allowed to hit off the tee, until contact is made.
Infield must always maintain 5 set positions: pitcher, 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base, and shortstop; players must be set behind the pitcher for saftey. Outfield must be set 10 feet behind the bases before the ball is hit.
• When batter is hitting off the coach pitch, pitcher must have at least one foot in the outlined pitcher’s circle and must stand to the right or left of the coach pitching.
• When batter is hitting off the tee, pitcher is to remain ANYWHERE within the outlined pitcher’s circle until the ball is hit.
• Player playing the pitcher position is NOT required to stand on or near the mound.
• Catcher position is OPTIONAL.
• All players not in the set 5 infield positions must play the outfield.
• Outfielders are to be a minimum of 10ft behind the baseline
• Batter is awarded one base on an overthrow to first base.
• Play is dead once the ball has crossed any part of the pitcher’s circle.
• If player doesn’t make it to halfway hash mark when the ball has crossed the pitchers circle they must revert back to previous base.
Games played on March 17, 2018 thru April 28, 2019 shall adhere to the following rules:
NO round robin during the first inning.
• Every inning, all players will bat in batting line-up order, 3 outs or 4 runs, whichever comes first. Batting order picks up where it left off at the end of each inning.
• Each batter will be given 3 coach pitches. If the batter does not hit a coach pitch she will be allowed 3 attempts off of the tee. If no contact is made after 3 attempts, batter is out.
8u – 14u Division(s):
OFFICIAL GAME PLAY
1 hour and 30 minutes, no new inning.
1 hour 45 minutes, drop dead
8U - Division: - Coach/player pitch - Girls begin to pitch, and coaches will assume the pitch count after 4 balls (i.e. no walks) for the first half of the season. If a batter is hit during player pitch, the count is reset, and coach pitch occurs. Coaches must pitch with one foot on the mound only. 3 Coach
pitch maximum. No bunting is authorized during coach pitch. The second half of the season there is no coach pitch (Spring season only - Winter season will require Coach pitch the entire season). Second half of the season begins March 17, 2019. - Only 2 Coaches and/or Managers are authorized on the defensive field of play in the outfield only for the first half of the season.
-No Drop 3rd Strike
-Home is closed unless awarded by Umpire for play
- There are pitching limitations 6 inning per week per 2 games, 9 innings per week for 3 games - 4 runs ahead rule – USA Softball mercy rule applies - Pitching distance is 30' - This division uses a 10" RIF safety ball. 10U – Division: - Player pitch only - Pitching distance is 35' - Pitching limitations is 8 innings per 2 games or 1 week, 12 innings per week for 3 games - 5 runs ahead rule – USA Softball mercy rule applies - Scores / standings are kept in this division - This division uses an 11" RIF-10 softball.
12U – Division: - Player pitch only - Pitching distance is 40' - No Pitcher limitations
- 7 runs ahead rule – USA Softball mercy rule applies - Scores / standings are kept in this division - This division uses a 12" Dream Seam softball. 14U – Division: - Player pitch only - No Pitcher limitations - Pitching distance is 43' - No run rule – USA Softball mercy rule applies - Scores / Standings are kept in this division -This division uses a 12" Dream Seam softball
• Both team managers and/or coaches shall share the responsibility of field set-up, to include chalk lines, on-deck circle, pitcher’s circle, batter’s box and arc.
• All managers, coaches and team moms must wear league badges at all times.
• All managers are responsible for maintenance and clean-up of dugouts at the end of every game.
• All managers are responsible for maintenance and clean-up of spectator areas at the end of every game. Please encourage parents to help.
• All managers, playing the last game of the day/evening, are responsible for breaking down the field.
• All bases and pitcher’s mound must be removed from the dirt and placed at the 3rd base dugout.
• Any person and/or player ejected from any game shall serve a mandatory one game suspension at the next regularly scheduled game.
• Final records shall denote placement for End of Season Tournament
• All scores are required to be sent to JGS Master Scorekeeper within 48 hours following each game.
• Scorekeepers must be behind backstop within 15-degree angle of home plate.
• If home team cannot provide a Team Scorekeeper, away team has the options to provide a Team Scorekeeper and become home team.
• All teams must bat the entire roster each game. No player shall sit more than 2 consecutive innings on defense if she is capable of playing (non-injury, etc.).
• In the event of a team picking up another player, the player must be a registered Jurupa Girls Softball player for the 2019 Spring Season. Additionally, managers must utilize pickup players at the bottom of the lineup AND in outfield positions only.
• All buckets must stay in the dugout during gameplay.
Ground Rules and Regulations
• USA Softball rules will apply in all divisions except as modified by these tournament rules. • All teams must be league or All Star teams made up from league teams. No travel ball or club teams will be permitted. • All teams must check in at least 60 minutes before game time at the field where they play their first game. 6U and 14U games will be played at Agate Field located at 8623 Jurupa Road, Riverside, CA 92509; 8U – 12U games will be played at Vernola Park located at 5211 Wineville Avenue, Mira Loma, CA 91752. • Tournament will be a single
elimination format during bracket play, 3 game minimum. • All teams are limited to a maximum of 15 player roster. You must bat your entire roster in round robin fashion during Pool Play only. • Team rosters become frozen at check in time. • USA Softball Photo ID cards for all team members are required. Teams may provide a roster, player photo and birth certificates in lieu of USA Softball cards. • For Pool Play, the home team for each game shall be determined by a coin flip prior to the start of the game. The first team listed on the schedule (or top team on the bracket) will occupy the third base dugout. • For Bracket Play, the higher seed will occupy the 3rd base dugout (unless a team played the previous game which will allow them to occupy the same dugout for the next game only). Higher seed will automatically be home team. Coin flip will determine home team in the event of same seeding. • The home team must provide a scorekeeper and will be the official scorekeeper. • ALL GAME RESULT SCORESHEETS MUST BE TURNED IN TO TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING ALL GAMES. FAILURE TO TURN IN WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC FORFEITURE. • The tournament will provide the following game balls.
- 6 and under will play with the 10” - 8 and under will play with the 10” - 10 and under will play with the 11” - 12 and under will play with the 12” - 14 and under will play with the 12”
• Any Manager, Coach, or Player ejected from a game shall remain ejected for the remainder of the game and must sit out the next game. Upon ejection the individual must leave the vicinity of the field and have no contact with any player or coach on the field. • There will be no protesting umpire calls. Umpire’s call is final.